Development and history

Innovation leader and Hidden Champion

Over 135 years of experience in spray technology - that's what Lechler is. Today, more than 700 employees develop and manufacture precision nozzles and nozzle systems worldwide for a wide variety of industries. Our in-depth knowledge of the industry and process is based on countless inventions and patents that Lechler has achieved since 1879. This is what has made Lechler the innovation leader in nozzle technology. So that this remains so in the future, every year a considerable part of our turnover flows back into research and development.

Development History

Right now, Lechler produces in Germany, England, Hungary, India, China and the USA. Further subsidiaries and 40 agencies complete the worldwide sales network. Despite being internationally orientated, we remain at heart a Swabian company - with the typical passion for accuracy, innovation and the urge to constantly become better.

Company history


1879

Paul Lechler founds the company of the same name as a trading house for technical products.

1893

Lechler acquires a patent for liquid atomising nozzles and sells these products in subsequent years.

1915–1919

Start of own production at the Stuttgart-Berg, Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt and Stuttgart-Stammheim sites.

1933

Relocation of the nozzle production to Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, in an extension of the sealing ring factory.

1950

From 1950 onward, intensified development and sale of nozzles for dust control in mining as well as for roller cooling and descaling in the steel industry.

1958

Relocation of production from Bad Cannstatt to Feuerbach.

1962

Foundation of sales offices in Germany.

1967

Acquisition and expansion of the former Joh. Braun cloth factory in Metzingen and relocation of Feuerbach's production to this site.

1972

Acquisition of Kershaw, Hughes & Partners Ltd. in Sheffield / England, today's Lechler Ltd.

1973

Bundling of all sales and administrative activities of the Lechler companies in the newly built Lechler building in Fellbach.

1975

Lechler acquires shares for the Spray Engineering Co. in USA.

1977

Acquisition of Vollet in Paris, today Lechler France S.A.

1978/1979

Lechler acquires 100% of the Spray Engineering Co., name change to Spraco Inc.

1986

Relocation of Spraco Inc. to St. Charles, Ill. and at the same time name change to Lechler Inc.

1988

Complementing the nozzle program for environmental and desulphurisation technology by selling separator profiles and complete separator cassettes.

1992

Foundation of Lechler AB, Sweden.

1993

Foundation of Lechler India Pvt. in Thane, near Mumbai. Foundation of Lechler KFT in Kecskemet / Hungary.

1995

Relocation of sales and administration from Fellbach to Metzingen. For the first time in the company's history, all functions are now combined in one location.

1996

Foundation of Lechler S.A. N.V., Belgium.

1999

Foundation of Lechler S.A. N.V., Belgium.

2002

Change of name from Lechler GmbH + Co KG to Lechler GmbH.

2003

Foundation of Lechler Oy, Finland.

2004

Foundation of Lechler China.

2010

Inauguration of the new production facilities at the company headquarters in Metzingen.

2015

Founding of Lechler Spray Technology S.r.l. / Italy

2016

Opening of the development and technology centre in Metzingen

2017

Foundation of Lechler Spray Technology Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia.

Today

Today, Lechler is a group of companies with 700 employees worldwide with a consolidated turnover of approx. € 100 million (2016). The fourteen foreign subsidiaries, five of which have their own production facilities, are combined under Lechler International GmbH.